Location: Virtual, USA Posted 04/07/2021
Salucro is a healthcare technology company exclusively focused on patient payments. Our mission is to provide the Healthcare market with technology solutions that make it easy to collect payments while providing patients with the best financial experience throughout the process.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
You will be a senior engineer with hands-on development, technical design, and testing throughout the SDLC. You will be comfortable working in a complex, distributed system, working throughout the entire software stack. You will be advising and executing on all aspects of software development, from coding practices, to environments, to code reviews, to architectural design.
You will have a long-sighted outlook, always thinking on how we can move this company and its products forward. You will be a constant learner, looking and evaluating new technologies, but also become intimately familiar with our current technology stack. You are naturally curious and like to deep dive into code, technologies, and problems. Working in an agile environment, you will also be able to change direction quickly when needed.
You will be expected to support and resolve issues escalated by customers quickly and efficiently, as well as translate the customer business requirements to engineering tasks.
At times you will be asked to serve as a mentor for more junior engineers in your team.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of various software components in various levels of a web development stack, primarily in PHP, but also React, and potentially Go.
- Design and develop software solutions that meet product and platform specifications. Development tasks include integration with other applications/services, API’s, and databases.
- Develop rich feature sets for a dynamic product.
- Maintain an existing codebase while building toward platform goals.
- Collaborate with the QA group to ensure the team’s approach to testing is fit for purpose.
- Be comfortable with working in a Docker environment.
- Review and give constructive feedback on others’ code.
- Ensure the team’s software works well in its testing and live environment.
- Ensure that the team’s technical product documentation is always complete, accurate and coherent.
- Ensure troubleshooting and resolution of issues throughout the product life cycle including out of hours support for incident resolution.
- Work with other technical leaders and team leads in the broader organization to define, schedule, and prioritize work.
- Define, lead, and encourage continuous improvement of the team’s delivery and development processes.
- Work with 3rd Party vendors where necessary providing evaluation, direction, support, and documentation.
- Learn and become a SME on new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and help introduce them where appropriate
- Coordinate with product/project management to develop/refine specifications and deliverables.
- Work closely with the DevOps group to implement and execute release tools and best practices.
- Work closely with development teams both domestically and overseas.
- Be a self-starter capable of investigating, initiating, and completing tasks with little direction.
Skills, Experience, & Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years’ of recent hands-on development experience in PHP.
- 2+ years’ experience in an agile/scrum environment
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- Strong understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, RPC, SOAP and API design for extensibility, scalability and portability
- Golang experience a strong plus.
- Familiarity with a majority of the following: JSON, XML, Redis, Cassandra, MVC frameworks, Data Access Patterns, Web Auth Protocols, Message Buses, Web Application Security.
- Demonstrable skill in building, maintaining, and using databases. MySQL and/or Amazon Aurora preferred.
- Experience building and integrating with APIs.
- Prefer experience working in a cloud-based environment, specifically AWS.
- Prefer experience working with microservices based applications.
- Capable of working in a continuous integration environment with a working knowledge of Git, Jenkins and/or other integration tools.
- Experience working in and maintaining a Docker based environment.
- Prefer experience with standards and protocols related to the healthcare and financial industries.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Virtual candidates will be considered. Background and drug screening required prior to employment. Salucro is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
To apply, email email@example.com with the subject line [Salucro Applications] Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - PHP, including a cover letter and your resume to be considered.