Location: Virtual, USA Posted 01/01/2022
Salucro is a company that is changing the way people make healthcare payments. Salucro is a high-growth software and service company specializing in payment solutions for the $800B self-pay healthcare market. We are seeking dynamic and talented people to join our agile team and take responsibility for building the next generation of our innovative products in a highly secure network infrastructure and environment.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, Long Term Incentive Plan
The Team Lead will manage and be part of an agile team of senior and junior software developers. This role will lead by example in all facets of team operations, from people management and personal development to ensuring that your team delivers code to the highest possible standard. The Team Lead will have direct responsibility for the operation of the group ensuring that the team operates effectively and efficiently, adhering to the highest coding standards and in alignment with company principles.
Alongside the managerial responsibilities, this role will be a hands-on contributor to product development, with time split between an individual contributor and a people manager.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the design and development of effective software that meets given complex, strategic business needs for immediate team and broader Salucro.
- Mentor, motivate, and manage an effective software engineering team.
- Ensure alignment of the team’s products and services with Salucro technology and architecture strategy.
- Provide technical knowledge and insight to peers and colleagues.
- Collaborate with the QA group to ensure the team’s approach to testing is fit for purpose.
- Ensure integration of the software with monitoring and support tools.
- Review and give constructive feedback on others’ code.
- Support product and departmental managers in communicating strategy and product fit and effectiveness to stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensure the team’s software works effectively in its operating environment.
- Ensure that the team’s technical product documentation is always complete, accurate and coherent.
- Ensure troubleshooting and resolution of issues throughout the product life cycle including out of hours support for incident resolution.
- Work with other technical leaders in the broader organization to define, document and distribute best practice and standards.
- Define, lead and encourage continuous improvement of the team’s delivery and development processes.
- Work with project, product leads to design software and create implementable specifications and tasks at product and roadmap level.
- Work with 3rd Party vendors where necessary providing direction, support and documentation.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and help introduce them where appropriate.
- Work closely with the DevOps group to implement and execute release tools and best practices.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the development process.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of team members, monitor performance and report on metrics.
- Oversee aspects of personal growth and training for team members.
Skills, Experience, & Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience in either Golang and/or PHP, with a strong preference for working knowledge of both.
- 2+ years in a technical lead or team lead role in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience in related scripting technologies, primarily bash.
- Strong experience working in a continuous integration environment with a solid working knowledge of Git, Jenkins and other integration tools.
- Proven experience with standards and protocols related to the healthcare and financial industries.
- Proven experience working with microservices based applications.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Virtual candidates will be considered. Background and drug screening required prior to employment. Salucro is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
To apply, email email@example.com with the subject line [Salucro Application] Engineering Team Lead, including a cover letter and your resume to be considered.