Location: Virtual, USA Posted 08/03/2021
Salucro is a company that is changing the way people make healthcare payments. Salucro is a high-growth software and service company specializing in payment solutions for the $800B self-pay healthcare market. We are seeking dynamic and talented people to join our agile team and take responsibility for building the next generation of our innovative products in a highly secure network infrastructure and environment.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
You will be the team lead and an integral part of the DevOps team working towards developing and maintaining a state-of-the-art CI/CD environment. You will lead a small, dedicated, and highly performing DevOps team responsible for maintaining our infrastructure, and putting in place mechanisms for fast quality deployment. You will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Customer Support to ensure that releases are of the highest quality possible. Working in the healthcare environment, you will be supporting engineering efforts to ensure that both the environments and products are standards compliant.
You will lead a team of dedicated DevOps Engineers as part of Salucro’s Engineering Group, reporting to the Director of Engineering and working very closely with the company’s Chief Architect.
This role requires extensive hands-on experience to fix, adapt, develop, and change our current environments to bring them to state of the art level, as well as meeting customer needs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of junior and senior DevOps Engineers and coach team members in DevOps best practices.
- Provide leadership and support for the technical engineering team to ensure management and staff understand and meet delivery, financial, productivity, service, and quality goals.
- Be hands-on in providing technical guidance to the development team throughout the full development and release lifecycle.
- Coordinate with other engineering and customer support groups to achieve fast, quality deployment.
- Develop a DevOps roadmap based on company needs and evolution.
- Strategize, plan, and manage all processes related to continuous integration, continuous delivery, and process automation.
- Hands-on assistance and support in maintaining and enhancing the CI/CD pipeline and associated processes for automated builds (using AWS ECS, Docker, Jenkins. Bitbucket, and Git).
- Build Infrastructure as Code for everything.
- Setup a Disaster Recovery environment using a “pilot light” approach on AWS.
- Plan and conduct DevOps and security-related workshops and training.
- Assist governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Drive monitoring and logging standards and solutions leveraging open source products.
- Troubleshoot & respond to downtime, performance degradation, and outside attacks.
- Actively participate in Security and compliance-based projects.
- Work closely with staff and management team to formulate, implement, and measure outcomes of strategic plans and goals. Assist with setting a vision for the future, including developing plans to meet or achieve business needs.
- Recruit, retain and foster development of a diverse team with an appropriate mix of technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Identify and develop staff with leadership and management potential.
- Develop, motivate, and evaluate performance of staff, which includes managing staff to identify developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their career goals, delegating responsibilities, providing timely feedback, and evaluating performance on any of the preceding duties.
- Support development teams both locally and overseas with ongoing DevOps and infrastructure needs.
- Implement the adoption of innovative technology practices and continuous improvement processes that deliver business value.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable HIPAA standards, service and quality measures, procedures, and controls to ensure the highest level of public confidence and operational integrity.
Skills, Experience, & Minimum Requirements
- Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- 2+ years of proven team leadership experience.
- 3+ years of proven technical experience in an AWS DevOps environment.
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD environments, including development, maintenance, and management.
- Experience with cloud security strategy, docker, CI/CD frameworks, Infrastructure as Code solutions like terraform.
- Proficient knowledge of cloud networking architectures, cloud operations, security, automation, and orchestration.
- Experience with high performance, highly scalable, and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS-based applications including logging and monitoring solutions.
- Expertise in Linux system administration and bash scripting, as well as experience in Windows.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer facing support and fault resolution skills.
- Experience provisioning and operating infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines enabling zero downtime deployments.
- Competent with Git and comfortable managing large git repositories.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment.
- A passion for technology & a thirst for knowledge, with an openness to learning new and emerging DevOps and cloud technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of key DevOps concepts - continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience running containerized workloads with Docker, ECS and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code with Terraform.
- Experience with any automation tooling (Jenkins).
- Proficient with modern engineering practices and enterprise-level delivery.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to coach, mentor and lead a team in accordance with agile methodology and thought leadership.
- Excellent consulting and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of business both verbally and in writing.
- Proven knowledge of the following technologies: Ansible, Linux, AWS Platform, Python/PHP, SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL), Terraform, Jenkins, Packer
Virtual candidates will be considered. Background and drug screening required prior to employment. Salucro is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
To apply, email email@example.com with the subject line [Salucro Application] DevOps Manager, including a cover letter and your resume to be considered.