Location: Virtual, USA Posted 08/20/2021
Salucro is a company that is changing the way people make healthcare payments. Salucro is a high-growth software and service company specializing in payment solutions for the $800B self-pay healthcare market. We are seeking dynamic and talented people to join our agile team and take responsibility for building the next generation of our innovative products in a highly secure network infrastructure and environment.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Compliance Manager is responsible for reviewing and managing the organization’s compliance obligations arising under relevant legal and contractual standards. This role requires an understanding or willingness to learn about various standards applicable to Salucro’s business as a payment services provider in healthcare and to develop and maintain Salucro’s plans to comply with the standards.
Salucro operates in a highly regulated industry with regulatory and contractual compliance obligations arising under various frameworks, including HIPAA, PCI, card association requirements, and stringent client/partner arrangements. The Compliance Manager should have familiarity with managing compliance to stringent standards and implementing processes to ensure compliance across different departments. The Compliance Manager must be comfortable navigating new standards or requirements and devising processes/plans to ensure compliance across the company’s workforce.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret regulatory and compliance requirements from contracts, law, and industry practices, and communicate the information comprehensively and effectively across all levels of the organization to ensure that information is correctly interpreted.
- Identify, draft, and manage policies and procedures relating to ensuring effective compliance practices throughout the workforce.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of compliance activities.
- Evaluate changes in compliance obligations or new compliance obligations and integrate into corporate processes and policies.
- Perform routine auditing of the compliance program to ensure continued compliance.
- Maintain continuous and diligent efforts to stay aware of developing compliance obligations and education of management and employees through written and verbal communication methods.
- Coordinate deadlines and departmental compliance obligations.
- Verify that all compliance policies and procedures are documented, implemented, and communicated
- Identify and discuss emerging and evolving compliance issues with management and/or employees.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary.
- Report on compliance practices to the management of the company (with compliance metrics).
- Aid internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Effectively collaborate with human resources and other departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations.
- Participate in the vendor management program to address flow-down compliance obligations (e.g., identification of BAA requirements).
- Administer, track, and develop corporate training requirements in furtherance of compliance obligations under contracts and law.
Skills, Experience, & Minimum Requirements
- College degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience required in a compliance role (preferably in the healthcare or technology/software industries).
- Understanding of HIPAA or GDPR strongly preferred; understanding of other frameworks a plus; demonstrated ability to independently learn and navigate new compliance frameworks.
- Excellent verbal and written (i.e., adherence to grammar rules) communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage deadlines and understand third-party expectations, meet concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities and work well as a dedicated member of a team.
- Technically proficient in modern applications—or ability to learn (Salesforce, Asana, Confluence).
- Outstanding people skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with individuals at all levels in the company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of confidential and privileged information.
- Strong fact-finding and research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
Virtual candidates will be considered. Background and drug screening required prior to employment. Salucro is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
To apply, email email@example.com with the subject line [Salucro Application] Compliance Manager, including a cover letter and your resume to be considered.